This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Jessamine, cestrum, night blooming jessamine
- Poisonous Plants
- Sprawling evergreen shrubs; leaves alternate, simple, smooth-margined; flowers tubular, greenish-white, greenish yellow, or cream, aromatic during day or night; fruit a small, purple or white berry
- South America
- Poison Part:
- Unripe berries
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Headache, dizziness, hallucinations, nausea, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, muscular spasms and nervousness, high temperature, salivation and sweating, paralysis and coma
- Toxic Principle:
- Solanine-type glyco-alkaloids and atropine-like alkaloids
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; landscape in flower garden cultivated as herbaceous annual or perennial
NCCES plant id: 999