This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Bird-of-paradise, dwarf poinciana, pride of Barbados
- Poisonous Plants
- Shrub or small tree; leaves alternate, bipinnately divided; flowers in terminal clusters, 5-parted, yellow or yellow-orange, with long-exserted, red stamens; fruit an elongated, flat pod
- Houseplant or interiorscape
- Poison Part:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Raw seeds
- Seeds are edible when immature
- Toxic Principle:
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN.
- Found in:
NCCES plant id: 989