This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Edible Plants, Poisonous Plants
- Perennial herb with thick, succulent, pointed, basal leaves; flowers red or yellow-orange in terminal, elangated clusters
- Poison Part:
- Sap of leaves
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Ingestion, dermatitis
- Abdominal cramping, diarrhea, red urine; skin irritation from latex
- Toxic Principle:
- Anthraquinone glycoside
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape
NCCES plant id: 952