Chionodoxa luciliae, C. gigantea
- Common Name(s):
- Glory of the Snow
- Perennial Bulbs, Spring Bulbs
Uses include rock gardens, beds, ground covers, lawns, and woodland gardens; tolerates summer drought; requires moisture during growing season
- Plant in fall; flower in early spring (Feb/March)
- Full sunlight to PM or AM only sunlight, to 25% shade
- 4-6 in.
- 1 in. apart, 60 per sq. ft.
- Flowering Period:
- Early spring (Feb/March)
- 5 in. to base of the bulb
- Hardy II- Injured at temperatures below 14 degrees F (-10 degrees C) when planted
- Asia Minor
NCCES plant id: 804