This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Native Plants, Poisonous Plants, Wildflowers
- Annual and perennial herbs; leaves alternate, simple, glandular-dotted; flowers yellow, in convex heads with ray flowers.
- USA, NC
- Poison Part:
- Leaves, flowers, seeds
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Salivation, elevated temperature and pulse, difficulty of breathing, vomiting, and convulsions
- Toxic Principle:
- Sesquiterpene lactone
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN
- Found in:
- Forest or natural areas along stream banks and in wet areas; weedy in disturbed areas in old fields, pastures, roadsides; landscape in flower gardens as cultivated, ornamental herbaceous perennial
NCCES plant id: 1061