- Common Name(s):
- Common yarrow, Milfoil, Yarrow
- Herbs, Perennials, Wildflowers
Introduced from Europe. Wonderful wildlife plants, attracts butterflies. Makes excellent cut or dried arrangments. Comes in many colors. Very easy to divde. This plant is moderately salt tolerant.
- Spring, summer, fall
- 12-36 in.
- 12 in.
- Narrowly oblong to lance-shaped leaves, finely dissected into slender segments; strong, distinctive odor; simple, branched stem. Some varieties can get quite tall.
- Numerous small flower heads arranged in a dense, flat-topped cluster
- Average, well-drained soil; sun to partial shade; old fields, roadsides
- Seeds or division
- Life Cycle:
NCCES plant id: 381