This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Mapoch lily
- Perennials, Poisonous Plants
Not a true lily. Diminutive size, beautiful yellow color with purple blotch at base of spathe. Other colors have been described.
- Deciduous plant with beautiful yellow flowers. These often grow in dense colonies among rocks. Needs full sun to flower. Leaves are green with white dots.
- 1-2 ft
- Flower Color:
- Sandy, well-drained
- South Aftrica
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Severe burning sensation and swelling of lips, tongue, and throat; stomach pain and diarrhea possible.
- Toxic Principle:
- Calcium oxalate crystals and possibly others.
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
NCCES plant id: 3258