This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Coontie, Florida arrowroot
- Poisonous Plants
- Low, evergreen plants with fern-like, pinnately divided leaves and erect cones; seeds fleshy, orange-yellow or reddish.
- Southeastern US
- Poison Part:
- Headache, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea.
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Fleshy seeds.
- EDIBLE PARTS: Processed flour made from the root is not toxic and is made into bread and spaghetti.
- Toxic Principle:
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
- Found in:
NCCES plant id: 1195