- Common Name(s):
- Downy arrowwood
- Native Plants, Shrubs
Medium green leaves; fruit attracts birds; rose to maroon fall foliage; straight stems; some salt toleranceFruit attracts birds; some salt spray tolerance; native to southeastern US. This plant is mildly resistant to damage by deer.
- 6-10 ft.
- Opposite, medium to dark green leaves; short petiole; densely hairy below; rose to maroon fall foliage
- Small creamy white flowers in upright terminal cluster in spring; cluster of black fruit in fall
- 3 to 8
- Sun to partial shade; range of soil types; drought tolerant
- Straight stems; spreading
- Sun to partial shade; tolerates drought
- Creamy white flowers in spring; blue black fruit
- 6 ft.
NCCES plant id: 572