- Common Name(s):
- European cranberrybush viburnum
- Compactum, Notcutt, Roseum
Drought tolerant; very easy to grow; prune out oldest stems to renew. This plant is mildly resistant to damage by deer.
- 8-12 ft.
- Opposite, simple dark green leaves; 2 to 4 in. long; pubescent below; yellow-red to purplish red fall color
- 2 to 3 in. flat-topped cyme of white flowers; outer ring is sterile; bright red drupe in fall; persists into winter
- 3 to 8
- Sun to partial shade; range of soil types
- Upright spreading multi-stemmed rounded shrub; arching cane-like branches
- 10-15 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1828