- Common Name(s):
- Hobblebush, Witch hobble, Witch-hobble
- Native Plants, Shrubs
Medium green leaves; yellow, orange, red or maroon fall foliage; thicket forming; open, straggly habit; thicket-forming; roots develop on branches that touch the ground; native. This plant is mildly resistant to damage by deer.
- 6-10 ft.
- Opposite, simple dark green leaves; 4 to 8 in. long; yellow, orange, red or maroon fall color
- 3 to 5 in. flat cyme of white flowers with a lacy effect in early summer; red to black drupe in late summer
- 3 to 6
- Sun to shade; moist, well-drained soil
- Open, straggly habit with pendulous branches
- Shade; moist soil
- White flat flower clusters with a lace-doily effect in early summer; red to black berries in late summer
NCCES plant id: 568