- Common Name(s):
- Asiatic sweetleaf, Sapphireberry
Easy to transplant; long lived; excellent for attracting birds; best to plant 2 or more trees for cross pollination
- 15-20 ft.
- Creamy white, fragrant flowers on 2 to 3 in. panicles in early summer; 0.3 in. bright turquoise blue fruit in fall
- Sun to light shade; light to heavy well drained soil
- Large rounded shrub to low branched small tree; wide spreading with age; twiggy
- 10-20 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 1.5 to 3.5 in. alternate, simple leaves; nonshowy fall color
NCCES plant id: 2210