Prunus persica var. nucipersica
- Common Name(s):
- Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Summer Beaut', Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Sunglo', Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Redgold', Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Flavortop', Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Fantasia', Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Carolina Red'
- Edible Plants, Trees
Nectarines produce jucy, sweet and smooth fruit. Good for eating fresh or using in your recipes. They are low in calories and provide antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. The mature size of the tree depends on the version that you choose, standard or semi-dwarf.
- 12- 15 ft. or 8-10 ft.
- The five-petal, solid or paired pink flowers bloom early in spring, before leaf sprouts.
- Full sun. Good air flow to assist thermal environment for the tree.
- Nectarine has a smooth skin, the flesh can be either yellow or white with delicate aroma, and clingstone or freestone. Usually, nectarines are a little bit smaller but sweeter than peaches, the skin is more reddish.
- 15 ft. or 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- The leaves are lanceolate shaped, 3-6 inches in length and 0.8-1.2 inches broad. Pinnately veined.
NCCES plant id: 2976