- Common Name(s):
- Arolla pine, Swiss stone pine
- Compacta, Chalet
Plant in an open area; transplants well. This tree is resistant to damage by deer.
- 30-40 ft.
- 2 to 3 in. terminal cones; greenish violet turning purplish brown; never open
- Sun; moist well drained soil
- Narrow columnar pyramid; dense; becomes open and flat topped with spreading drooping branches; picturesque
- 15-25 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 2 to 3 in. soft, stiff, straight needles in bundles of 5; dark green with 5 bluish white lines
NCCES plant id: 2088