- Common Name(s):
- White spruce
- Conica , Densata, Sander's Blue
Easy to transplant; withstands wind, cold, drought, and light shade; dislike summer heat
- 40-60 ft.
- 1-2.5 in. cones; pale brown when mature
- Sun to light shade; moderately moist, well-drained soil; drought tolerant
- Broad, dense pyramidal in youth; dense, narrow compact with ascending branches with age
- 10-20 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Moderate; slow with summer heat
- .5 to .75 in. 4-sided pale green to glacous green needles
NCCES plant id: 2074