Phoradendron leucarpum (P. serotinum)
This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Native Plants, Poisonous Plants
- Evergreen shrub with greenish branches, semiparasitic on tree limbs; leaves opposite, simple, oblong, leathery; flowers inconspicuous; fruit a white berry
- USA, NC
- Poison Part:
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Stomach and intestinal irritation with diarrhea, lowered blood pressure, and slow pulse
- Toxic Principle:
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
- Found in:
- Forest or natural areas, weedy in disturbed areas, a parasitic plant in deciduous trees
NCCES plant id: 1120