Pernettya spp. (Gaultheria spp.)
This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Evergreen shrubs; leaves alternate, simple; flowers solitary in axils or clustered, bell- or urn-shaped, 5-parted; fruit a round berry with odor of wintergreen.
- Southern hemisphere
- Poison Part:
- Leaves, berries, and nectar from flowers.
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Drunkenness, watering of mouth, eyes, and nose; sensation of cold, abdominal pain, tingling of skin, convulsions, paralysis.
- Toxic Principle:
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
- Found in:
- Landscape as cultivated ornamental woody shrub.
NCCES plant id: 1117