- Common Name(s):
- False holly, Holly osmanthus, Holly tea olive
- 'Goshiki' - green and gold variegated
Drought and heat tolerant with a moderate growth rate. It can be severely pruned; makes a good screen; fragrant when in bloom; several cultivars available.
Wildlife Value: Particularly resistant to damage by deer.
- 6-12 ft.
- Opposite, simple, leathery, lustrous dark green leaves; 1-2.5 in. long; spiny pointed
- Small, white flowers in fall; very fragrant; bluish purple-black drupes
- Sun to partial shade; prefers fertile, moist, well-drained, acidic soil
- Dense, upright, oval to rounded shrub
- 5-10 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1690