This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Apple-of-Peru, shoofly plant
- Poisonous Plants
- Large, annual herb; leaves alternate, simple, irregularly toothed on the margin; flowers axillary, nodding, short bell-shaped, pale blue; fruit a dry berry enclosed by an enlarged, papery calyx
- Mountains, Piedmont
- Poison Part:
- All parts?
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Unknown, but caution because of its close relationship with known toxic plants
- Toxic Principle:
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN.
- Found in:
- Weedy in disturbed areas, cultivated and escaped; landscape in gardens as annual herbaceous ornamental
NCCES plant id: 1105