Muscari azureum (Hyacinthella azurea)
- Common Name(s):
- Grape Hyacinth
- Perennial Bulbs, Spring Bulbs
Tolerates summer drought, but requires moisture during growing season. This plant is occasionally damaged by deer.
- Mid-spring (April/May)
- Full sunlight to PM only sunlight
- 6 in.
- 0-1 in. apart, 30-60 per sq. ft.
- 5 in. to base of the bulb
- Borders, rock gardens, and woodland gardens
- Tunicated bulb
- Hardy III - injured below 5 degrees F (-15C)
- Asia Minor and Europe
NCCES plant id: 828