This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Lilyturf, Liriope
- Silver sun, Webster, Silvery sunproof
- Groundcover, Poisonous Plants
Varigated cultivar is very popular; has small potato-like swells on roots; drought tolerant and moderately salt tolerant . This plant is a lawn alternative.
Wildlife Value: This plant is mildly resistant to damage by deer
- Perennial, evergreen, tufted or rhizomatous herbs; leaves narrow and grass-like; flowers small, white to violet, 6-parted, on an elongated stem; fruit a blue-black berry.
- 18-24 in.
- 6 to 9
- Narrow dark green leaves up to 2 ft. long
- 6-8-in. spike-like cluster of dark purple flowers in mid to late summer; .3-in. round green fruit that ripens to shiny blac
- Partial shade to shade; well-drained soil
- Height 18-24 in. with a spread of 8-12 in.
- Grasslike clumps
- Poison Part:
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- No cases known, but caution due to relationship with known toxic plants
- Toxic Principle:
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN
- Found in:
- Landscape, cultivated herbaceous ornamental
- Growth Rate:
NCCES plant id: 318