- Common Name(s):
- Emily Bruner, HL10 90 Christmas Jewel
Female; use James Swan as pollinator; a hybrid between I. cornuta and I. latifolia.
Wildlife Value: Fruits are attractive to birds. Flowers attract bees. Members of the genus Ilex support the following specialized bee: Colletes banksi. This plant is resistant to damage by deer.
- 15-20 ft.
- Large, vivid red fruit clusters encircles the stem
- Sun to partial shade; range of soil types
- Broad dense pyramidal; distinct horizontal branching
- 8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 2.7-4.3 in. glossy, dark green leaves; usually 10-13 spines on each side
NCCES plant id: 2020