This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Annual or perennial herb; leaves alternate, simple; flowers small, 5-parted, blue, purple, or white, on a slender, coiled, stem.
- Tropical and temporate America, Europe
- Piedmont, Coastal Plain
- Poison Part:
- All parts, used for making herbal teas
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Digestive upset and liver damage
- Toxic Principle:
- Pyrrolizidine alkaloid
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN
- Found in:
- Forest or natural areas in wet areas; weedy in disturbed areas; landscape cultivated as herbaceous perennial
NCCES plant id: 1062