Gleditsia triacanthos var. inermis
- Common Name(s):
- Thornless common honeylocust
- Summer Lace
Casts light shade; fine leaves result in easy of leaf clean up in fall; easy to transplant; has a number of pest problems. Learn more about "Gleditsia triacanthos".
- 30-70 ft.
- Greenish yellow fragrant flowers in summer; 7-8 in. reddish brown seed pods
- Sun; range of soil types; drought tolerant
- Graceful; short trunk; open spreading crown
- 30-40 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 6-8 in. alternate, pinnately or bipinnately compound leaves; bright green summer foliage; yellow to yellow-green fall color
NCCES plant id: 2003