- Common Name(s):
- Common pearlbush, Pearlbush
Heat and drought tolerant; can be severely pruned to rejuvenate, preferably after blooming; leafs out early; dependable, tough plant; reported to be invasive in some states; interesting spring flowering shrub; good for borders
- 10-12 ft.
- Alternate, simple, medium green leaves; 1-3 in. long; serrated above the middle; no significant fall color
- 1.5 in. white flowers borne on 3-5 in. raceme in early spring; flowers on previous season's growth
- Sun to partial shade; prefers well-drained, acidic soil
- Upright, loose irregular to rounded shrub; slender branches; becomes unkempt with age
- 8-10 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1553