This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Pencil tree, finger tree, milkbush, rubber euphorbia.
- Poisonous Plants
- A succulent, spineless shrub with round, green branches; leaves clustered at the tip of the branches and soon dropping
- Tropical Africa and India
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Dermatitis, ingestion
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea when ingested; redness, swelling, blisters after some delay following contact with skin
- Toxic Principle:
- Diterpene esters in milky latex
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape
NCCES plant id: 1050