- Common Name(s):
- Dutch Crocus, Dutch Crows, Species Crocuses
- Perennial Bulbs, Spring Bulbs
Uses include rock gardens, beds, ground covers, lawns, and woodland gardens; tolerates drought, but keep moist during growing season.
Wildlife Value: This plant is frequently damaged by deer.
- Early spring (February/March)
- Full sunlight to PM or AM only sunlight
- Purple, yellow, white
- 4-6 in.
- 0-4 in. apart, 35-70 per sq. ft.
- Flowering Period:
- Early spring
- 5 in. to base of the corm
- Tunicated corm
- Hardy II- Injured at temperatures below 14 degrees F (-10 degrees C) when planted
NCCES plant id: 811