- Common Name(s):
- Willowleaf cotoneaster
- 'Scarlet Leader', 'Gnom', 'Autumn Fire', 'Emerald Carp'
Seasons of Interest:
Foliage: Winter Fruit: Fall-Winter
Play Value: Wildlife Enhancement
Notes: Malodorous smell
- 15 in.
- 6 to 9
- Foliage becomes purplish red in winter
- 2 in. cluster of fragrant white flowers; bright red fruit in fall persists into winter
- Evergreen to semi-evergreen
- Sun to light shade; prefers fertile, light-textured soil with good drainage
- 18 in.-3 feet tall with a spread of 6 ft.
- Growth Rate:
NCCES plant id: 262