Solenostemon x scutellarioides
This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Coleus, painted nettle
- Annuals, Perennials, Poisonous Plants
Coleus X hybridus
Wildlife Value: This plant is seldom damaged by deer.
Also see Plectranthus. Recently moved to Plectranthus scutellarioides.
- Slightly succulent, annual or perennial herbs with opposite, simple leaves on 4-angled stems; the leaves often blotched with various colors and patterns; flowers small, blue-violet, in slender, terminal clusters, irregularly shaped
- Asia and tropical Africa
- Poison Part:
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Allergic dermatitis with red rash after repeated and frequent contact
- Toxic Principle:
- Diterpene coleonol, coleon O
- SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; landscape in flower garden as cultivated, tender annual
NCCES plant id: 1010