- Common Name(s):
- Chinese redbud
- Alba (white flower), Avondale, Nana, Shirobana, Don Egolf (seedless redbud)
- Shrubs, Trees
Easy to transplant.
Most forms are multi-stemmed shrubs. However, single trunk cultivars like 'Don Egolf' do exist in the trade.
This shrub/tree is frequently damaged by deer.
Learn more about "Cercis canadensis" (Eastern Redbud) and
Learn more about "Cercis canadesnsis var. texensis 'Oklahoma'" (Oklahoma Redbud)
- 8-15 ft.
- Alternate, simple, leathery dark green leaves; 3 to 5 in. long; heart-shaped
- Rosy, purple flowers in spring; .75 in. seed pods
- Sun to partial shade; moist, well-drained soil
- Upright; multi-stemmed shrub/tree; small; erect
- 6-10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 5-6 in. alternate, simple, heart-shaped leaves; yellow-green fall color
NCCES plant id: 1472