This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Marijuana, hashish, hemp, marihuana, pot
- Poisonous Plants
- A large, coarse annual, 6-12 ft. tall; leaves opposite below and alternate toward top, long-stalked, palmately divided into 3-7 toothed leaflets; flowers small and green, crowded on axillary clusters
- Poison Part:
- All parts, but greatest toxicity in flower stalks
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Ingestion and inhalation
- Exhilaration, hallucinations, delusions, blurred vision, poor coordination, stupor, and coma
- Toxic Principle:
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
- Found in:
- Houseplant (illegal to grow); landscape (illegal to cultivate) in gardens
NCCES plant id: 992