- Common Name(s):
- Callery Pear, Bradford Pear, Bradford Pear
- Bradford - most fire blight resistant, Aristocrat - stronger crotches but is fire blight susceptible, Whitehouse - more narrow form, Capital - more narrow form, Redspire - more narrow form, Autumn Blaze - more narrow form
Upright, weak crotches that break with age; easy to transplant; tolerates drought, air pollution, heat; may have thorns
- 20-40 ft.
- White, flowers in March; unpleasant odor; 0.5 in. rounded brown fruit
- Sun; range of soil types including compacted soil
- Upright, conical shape
- 20-30 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 1.5 to 3 in. alternate, simple glossy dark green leaves; yellow, scarlet, purple fall color
NCCES plant id: 2151