- Common Name(s):
- Japanese black pine
- Oculus Draconis , Shirone Jamone, Yatban Sho
Good for screening; very tolerant of salt spray; transplants easily; heat and drought tolerant
- 50-70 ft.
- 1.5 to 2.5 in. solitary or clustered cones
- Sun; range of soil types but prefers well drained soil
- Irregular, pyramidal when young; spreading crown with pendulous branches with age; dense
- 25 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Slow to moderate
- 2.5 to 4.5 in. dark green needles; in pairs; stiff; rigid
NCCES plant id: 2115