- Common Name(s):
- Cutleaf stephanandra, Lace shrub
Suckers from base; stems touching the ground form roots; protect from harsh winds
- 4-7 ft.
- Alternate, simple, two ranked bright green leaves; 1 to 2 in. long; new growth is reddish bronze; red-purple or red-orange fall color
- Small yellowish white flowers on loose 1-2.5 in. panicles in early summer
- 4 to 7
- Sun to partial shade; moist, well-drained soil enriched with organic matter
- Medium to fine
- Dense; wide spreading; arching slender branches
- 4-6 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1792