Berberis x mentorensis
- Common Name(s):
- Mentor barberry
Drought and heat tolerant; good screen or barrier plant; thorny stems; dependable and very adaptable
- 4-6 ft.
- Alternate, simple, leathery, dark green leaves; 1-2 in.-long; stems are usually three-spined; yellow, orange, red fall color; holds leaves into late fall
- Yellow flowers in spring; sometimes produces red fruit
- 6 to 8
- Deciduous to semi-evergreen
- Sun to partial shade; well-drained soil; withstands heat and drought
- Dense, mounded shrub; upright
- 5-7 ft.
NCCES plant id: 1424