This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poison ivy
- Poisonous Plants
- Erect shrub, or most often climbing or trailing; leaves alternate, with 3 leaflets, each smooth margined or shallowly lobed; flowers small in axillary clusters; fruit a smooth, yellow drupe.
- USA, NC
- Poison Part:
- All parts, in all seasons if plant sap contacted.
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Severe skin redness, itching, swelling, and blisters following direct or indirect contact.
- Toxic Principle:
- Skin irritation is typically severe.
- Found in:
- Forest or natural area in woods weedy in disturbed areas in fields, roadsides, wasteplaces, fence rows.
NCCES plant id: 1184