Schefflera spp., Brassaia arboricola
This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Schefflera, starleaf, Australian umbrella tree
- Poisonous Plants
- Evergreen shrub or tree; leaves alternate, palmately divided into 8, smooth-margined leaflets, dark green, base of leaf stalk clasping the stem; flowers small, seldom formed in houseplants.
- Poison Part:
- Leaves, plant sap from all parts.
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Ingestion, dermatitis.
- Vomiting, numbness and tingling of the mouth, lack of coordination. Skin irritation after contact with cell sap.
- Toxic Principle:
- CAUSES ONLY LOW TOXICITY IF EATEN. SKIN IRRITATION MINOR, OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape.
NCCES plant id: 1152