This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Weeping fig, Benjamin tree, small-leaved rubber plant
- Poisonous Plants
- Evergreen shrub or tree with drooping branches; leaves alternate, simple, long-tipped, glossy; flowers and fruits enclosed in a fleshy sac turning from green to orange-red to red and then purplish black
- Poison Part:
- Plant sap from all parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Dermatitis and allergic reactions
- Itching of eyes, cough, and wheezing following frequent contact; skin irritation with itching, redness and stinging following contact and exposure to sunlight
- Toxic Principle:
- Furocoumarins, psoralens, ficin
- SKIN IRRITATION MINOR OR LASTING ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape
NCCES plant id: 1053