This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Poisonous Plants
- Tuberous rooted, perennial herbs; leaves pinnately lobed or divided; flowering heads large, with many petals, variously colored
- Tropical America
- Poison Part:
- Leaves and tubers (resemble thickened roots)
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Skin irritation following repeated handling of the tubers and contact with leaves and light
- Toxic Principle:
- Phototoxic polyacetylene compounds
- TOXIC ONLY IF LARGE QUANTITIES EATEN.
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; landscape in flower garden as herbaceous annual or perennial
NCCES plant id: 1020