This plant has poison characteristics. See below.
- Common Name(s):
- Autumn crocus, meadow saffron, naked ladies
- Poisonous Plants
- Perennial herb with basal, slender leaves; flowers long, tubular, 6-parted, purple-pink to white, flowering in autumn
- Eurasia, Africa
- Poison Part:
- All parts
- Poison Delivery Mode:
- Cramping, vomiting, diarrhea, increased blood pressure, respiratory failure
- Toxic Principle:
- Alkaloid colchicine
- HIGHLY TOXIC, MAY BE FATAL IF EATEN!
- Found in:
- Houseplant or interiorscape; landscape in flower garden, lawn as herbaceous perennial
NCCES plant id: 1009