- Common Name(s):
- Golden coreopsis, Tick-seed, Garden coreopsis
- Mardi Gras, Nana
- Annuals, Wildflowers
Prefers light, sandy soil; tolerant of poor soil, drought, and heat; must have good drainage; water lightly- dislikes wet feet; remove faded flowers; good cut flower; blooms best when crowded
- Summer to frost
- Yellow, bronze, red, maroon, bicolors
- 2-4 ft.
- 8-12 in.
- 2-4 in., opposite, highly dissected leaves with linear segments
- Notched, yellow petals with reddish-brown color at base; reddish-purple disks
- Dry fields, roadsides, waste places, pastures
NCCES plant id: 47